1.28.2009

Christmas Christmas and more Christmas

Well this Christmas was just as magical and wonderful as all the rest. Even more so with Presley in our home. Christmas is so obviously my favorite holiday from the end of Thanksgiving right up until the last Decoration is down. Sometimes it seems that the days leading up are better than the actual day. All the family get-togethers and special spirit all around. This year for Christmas was just as crazy as always rushing from house to house not to miss seeing anyone. Though I love it all and love seeing the family sometimes I wish we could just have a Christmas where we stay home and family comes to see us. Maybe as the kids get older we will have to do that anyway. My children were once again Blessed with many gifts from loved ones. 

This year due to many things I decided it would be better to make all our gifts. To put it mildly I was not prepared for the task. 
Not only is it really not much cheaper but the amount of time it involves is overwhelming, so much so that I really didn't even finish everything I wanted to. 
My biggest project was turning all of my families home movies into DVD's complete with editing and chapters. I finished about 4 yrs. but still have a ways to go. This is now an ongoing project. 
Another Huge project was the FHE kit for Sarah & Lee, I also made ours at the same time. All the coloring cutting, glueing, printing, laminating and searching was crazy but. I pulled it off right in time. 
I also made some tutus, and photo books. 
After all is said and done I am really glad I did this, a homemade gift really means so much more.  

Making Santa's Cookies
The Girls. 
One of the best parts of the night is when we do the Nativity. Every year it gets bigger with the addition on new kids. What a sight to see. I am so glad my children are able to be a part of it.  Thanks Grandma for always making it a part of the night.


Don't you just feel the love. 
What a classic face from Hud


Casey boy trying  on the Tutu I made for Ellie. I wouldn't be too worried Lee! 


Presley's first gift. She sure tore into it. I think she liked the sound of the paper the most.

The Boy's gift. 
This year Cheryl got all the boys this beautiful statue of Joseph and Hyrum with the saying 
"Friends are good but Brothers are Better" inscribed on it. 
Which is pretty much the family Motto. 
we all got a little emotional as Cheryl presented the gift.
During the annual Christmas Drawing J won. He got a Santa plate made by Stephen's grandparents. 
Traditional Christmas Pinata


Keeping with tradition Santa always leaves and Orange and $2 bill in everyones stockings.
Huddy was a bit giddy about his money





Candy Cane Girls


Magic Snowman- at my uncles they have a snowman that talks to you and dances. The boys were going crazy for it.

Jackson's loot
favorite toys include:
leapster, Chronicles or Narnia 2, remote control cars

Huddy's loot
fav. toys
crocs, baseball bat, Elmo Live

Presley and her loot
fav. toy
her music crib thingy

1 comments:

Cummards said...

We LOVE our gift! It is the best thing ever. I need to take a picture of us using it. I love it, seriously I probably owe my family's salvation to you, since that has helped us actually have a lesson for FHE. I know it took so much time, I always offer to let people copy it, so just know that..it might help you feel like the time was even MORE worth it! Thanks so much really, we love it.